While it may seem like a lot of steps, adding a PDF to Your Page or Post can be pretty painless. The process is similar to adding a photo and will get easier after each time you successfully upload a PDF. Here are the steps:
Adding a PDF to Your Page or Post
- Navigate to an existing Post or Page or create a new Page or Post.
- Click into your Page or Post where you want your PDF link to go.
- Click on the Add Media button above the toolbar.
- In the Insert Media screen choose Upload Files.
- Navigate to the PDF you want uploaded to your site and click Open on the bottom right of your screen.
- Once the PDF has been uploaded, click on the blue Insert into post button on the lower right of your screen.
- The link to your PDF will be inserted into the Page or Post.
- Remeber to Save Draft or Publish your changes.
To Upload a PDF to Use at a Later Time
- From the Dashboard menu, click Media >> Add New or click Media to go to the Media Library and then click on the Add New button.
- Click the Select Files button to access the files on your computer.
- Select the file you want to upload.
- Click the Open button.
- When the upload is complete, you will see the new file in your Media Library.
Note: If the file does not open, then the file type is not supported. There are file types WordPress won’t upload.