The Meta Slider plugin is one of my go-to options for adding a photo slider in a WordPress website. These instructions can help you add photos to an existing slider.
Start with photos all the same size
1. Make sure your photos are all the same pixel size. That way they will fit nicely within the slider space
2. Compress your photo(s) at tinypng.com, https://tinypng.com/ – this is a free tool to compress your image size – quality will not be compromised.
- Upload the image and then download the compressed version. You can do this for 20 photos at a time.
3. From your dashboard navigate to Meta Slider at the bottom of the left sided navigation menu
4. Once you’ve opened the Meta Slider, you’ll see the slides
5. On the right hand side above the blocks for the slides there is button Add Slide – click this and you will be brought to the Media Library where you can either use an image already in the Media Library or Upload Files
6. Select your image and click the blue Add to slider button at the bottom of the screen
7. Once you’ve added your photo, using the General tab, you can add a link if you want the slider image to be clickable to a page in your website or another website
Note: If you want the link to open into a new window, click the New Window box on the right
8. Next to the General tab is the SEO tab. Click on this tab to write a short sentence in the Image Alt Text box. Search engines and screen readers use this text. It should briefly describe the image.
The Image Title Text is used to create a little pop up box of information when you hover over the image.
Once your photos are in the slider, click the blue Save button on the right.
Refresh the page your slider is on and you should see the new photos in the slider. Have fun with it!